Today, on #GivingTuesday, we want to thank you for your commitment to protecting rhinos and other endangered species that share their habitat. Your support has had tremendous impact.
Please consider donating to IRF today to extend your impact even further. This Giving Tuesday your gift will be doubled, up to $15,000, by a match from another generous IRF donor.
Your support has helped IRF provide wildlife rangers in India, Indonesia, and Southern Africa with resources to fight poachers, investigate crimes, monitor and care for rhinos, and educate local communities. Because of you, we’ve had great success — thanks to rangers’ dedication and bravery, the Javan rhino population has stabilized, and populations of black, white, and greater one-horned rhinos are growing.
But, the fight is not over. As “protectors of the protected,” rangers need more funding, training, and equipment—particularly as wildlife crime continues to increase throughout Africa and Asia.
Will you help us #RallyforRangers, and make a contribution to support rangers today?
- $5 will buy one microchip to be implanted into a black rhino’s horn in Zimbabwe, so rangers can track and protect the animal.
- $25 will pay for hiking boots for a ranger to walk hundreds of miles on patrol in Sumatra’s dense, steamy rainforests.
- $50 will buy food and medicine for sniffer dogs that rangers use to track poachers in Swaziland’s rhino reserves.
- $250 will provide a full “kit” to a Javan rhino ranger – including clothing, tent, cooking supplies, machete, mosquito net, and headlamp.
- $500 will help purchase a motorbike for a ranger investigating illegal wildlife crimes around India’s Kaziranga National Park.
Every day, wildlife rangers risk their lives to protect rhinos from extinction – but they can’t do it without you. By giving today, you can make a real, lasting impact for the courageous men and women standing on the front lines of conservation.
Thank you for your support and belief in our work.