World Rhino Day
Tuesday, September 22nd is World Rhino Day! Every year on World Rhino Day, we ask you to help us #KeepTheFiveAlive by raising awareness about the threats facing all five rhino species. Rhinos need our help now more than ever and we need everyone on Team Rhino. Here are some of the highlights of World Rhino Day 2020, we hope you can celebrate with us! We’d love your help advocating for rhinos on World Rhino Day – or any other day of the year – so see below for ways to help make an impact.
World Rhino Day 2020 Highlights:
Ways to Help rhinos for World Rhino Day
- Get monthly updates on our international programs in our monthly e-newsletter.
- Be the first to see our blog posts when you sign up for email notifications.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Learn about the five rhino species and our conservation programs for each.
- Read our 2020 State of the Rhino Report detailing conservation updates for each of the five species.
Spread the Word
Now that you’ve learned more about rhinos, educate other people about them – where they live, why they’re threatened, and what’s being done to help them.
- If you already follow us on social media platforms, that’s great! You can do even more by liking, commenting, and sharing/retweeting our posts. The more likes and comments on a post, the more it will be seen by others. When you share a post, that taps into your whole network of friends & family and that awareness multiplies even more when one of them shares it too!
- We’ve created a social toolkit just for World Rhino Day with graphics and captions ready to go – feel free to share these or any of the posts you see on our social media platforms.
- See something you like on our website or blog? Share that too!
- We’d love to know how you’re celebrating World Rhino Day! Post your own photo or facts and tag us: (Facebook @InternationalRhinoFoundation; Twitter & Instagram @RhinosIRF) and use the hashtags #KeepTheFiveAlive #WorldRhinoDay #TeamRhino
Wear the Shirt
Of course profits from our shop sales go to our rhino conservation efforts – but also – wearing that shirt, hat, or sweatshirt you bought is a great conversation starter and the perfect opportunity to tell people about rhinos.
- Get our limited edition World Rhino Day 2020 shirt while it’s here! We’ll only be taking orders for this design until Monday, September 28, 2020.
- Check out our rhino shop. We have a large selection of Team Rhino apparel, jewelry, bandanas, stickers, and artisan goods year round. And keep an eye out for new items!
- Know someone who might like the World Rhino Day shirt or one of our shop items? Share the link with them!
Start a fundraiser
These days people are getting very creative with their fundraisers for conservation. It seems there’s no limit to what you can do – even virtually!
- Start a Facebook fundraiser. When you select the International Rhino Foundation, 100% of the funds you raise on Facebook come directly to us.
- Get some creative fundraising inspiration from the American Association of Zookeepers.
- You can also adapt some party and fundraising ideas from our Cinco de Rhino toolkit.
Celebrate with us on World Rhino Day
We’ve got a full day of virtual events across all our platforms on Tuesday, September 22nd. We hope you can us for a day full of talks, educational events, and the return of rhino bingo. We’ll be on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube throughout the day, so please join us in the comment section! Click the virtual events link above for the schedule or RSVP to our Facebook event page & get schedule notifications.
And of course, you can always make a donation to help fund our conservation programs throughout Africa and Asia.
There’s no wrong way to celebrate World Rhino Day, but if you’d like to help rhinos- there are plenty of ways! We are so grateful for your support for rhinos and appreciate any way you can contribute to their survival. Thank you Team Rhino and Happy World Rhino Day!